If you are a gamer, and you are using Bluestacks to play android games on your Windows or Mac PC. Installing multiple games and apps on blue stacks use a high dick space and can slow down your computer speed and performance. That’s why you need to clear the cache on bluestacks to free up storage space.
There are two basic methods to clear your cache on BlueStacks. Blue stacks 5 comes with a built-in option to clear the cache, but if you are using Bluestacks 4 or you are using the Bluestcks on your Mac PC, you need to use “Disk cleanup” option to reclaim unused space.
How to Clear Cache on BlueStacks 5 in Windows 7 & 10 PC
There are two ways to clear your cache in BlueStacks 4 & 5.
- First, Clear Bluestacks Cache using your fake Android phone’s Settings apps.
- Open BlueStacks 5 app’s homepage.
- Click on the System apps folder, and then select Settings.
- Open Storage.
- In setting you will find two options to clear cache, You can either clear the entire cache for all the apps installed on bluestacks software at once or you can clear the cache for specific apps or games installed on blues tacks 5.
- To clear the entire cache, scroll down and click Cached data, then confirm you want to clear it.
- To clear a specific app’s cache, click Apps at the top of the page, then select the app you want to clean up. Click Clear Cache on its information page.
- Secondly, you can use the BlueStack app’s Settings page to clear the cache.
- While on BlueStacks’ homepage, click the small gear icon in the toolbar on the right.
- Click User data in the left sidebar.
- Under the Disk cleanup heading, click Free up space, then click Continue. This option will scan BlueStacks files for data that it doesn’t need anymore. See Pic Bellow…
- BlueStacks 5 will shut down and take a few minutes to clean up its own files and free up any space that it doesn’t need.
How to Clear Cache on BlueStacks 4 in Windows 7 & 10 PC
In bluestacks 4 clear app & game data will boost your PC performance. Follow the steps down below to clear the app cache on blue stacks 4 on Windows 7 & 10 PC…
- Launch BlueStacks 5 and open the “System apps” folder.
- Here, click on “Settings”.
- Now, click on “Apps”, as shown below.
- Go through your list of apps and select the app of your choice. If you wish to clear the cache from Google, please choose “Google Play Store” from the list.
- On the “App info” page, select “Storage”.
- Click on the “Clear cache” button.
- Once the cache is cleared, the memory occupied by “Cache” will become 0 bytes, indicating that cache has been cleared, and the “Clear cache” button will be greyed out.
Hopefully, these methods will help you to clear the game cache on bluestacks to create some free space. Clearing the cache on blue stacks will also help you to speed up/boosts your PC performance in Windows 10 & Windows 7.
How to Clear Cache on BlueStacks 4 for Mac PC?
On a Mac, you can only use the app’s Preferences page. Clearing Bluestacks cache (Apps or User data) is very easy, just follow the simple step below to clear cache on bluestacks for Mac PC.
1. Open the app and click BlueStacks in the top-left corner of your screen.
2. Select Preferences, then click User data at the top of the pop-up that opens.
3. Click the Free up space option and select Continue to confirm your choice.
BlueStacks will shut down to scan and clean up its files. When the app relaunches, it’ll have freed up space that it doesn’t need.
Note: BlueStacks 10 (BlueStacks X) for PC, doesn’t have any option to clear the cache.